1. It rained and got cool here today. Thunder and big lightning on the way home! I had to actually close the windows AND put on sweats this evening. HALLELUJAH! I love sweats.
On a slightly less positive note, apparently neither big dog is smart enough to come in out of the rain. They were both soaked to the bone and required some serious towel time to gain entrance to the inside of the house.
2. Wolfgang’s Vault had a concert with Mahavishnu Orchestra from 1973 in their e-mail update today. It’s awesome and Wolfgang’s Vault has a nice interface for listening to these jewels. I LOVE how timeless music has become — or has it always been like that? The medium is magic now.
3. Coolest sentence of the day: “She heard a note being slipped under her hotel door and she experienced the universal mammalian atavistic fear response to nest invasion.”
Hell, I thought it was just me.
That sentence was from William Gibson’s latest book, Spook Country (and I probably misquoted because I’m listening to it, not reading it). I finished it today, and it was extraordinary. As always. I suppose I’ll have to listen to it again right away. His descriptions awe me and rock my world.
4. AAAARRR, Matey! I only got to exchange Piratese with one person at work today. Scurvy Wench beat me to the punch, too. The rest of the day I totally forgot about it in my quest to make the database drop trou for me.
5. Biggest Boner Award (and I don’t mean boner in a good way) Of The Week:
We had to change our door locks today at work and get new keys for everyone.
It seems that our alarm company had a big bag of keys with all their customer addresses and passwords in a company truck. The bag got stolen. Oh, my. Somebody’s gonna get their ass chewed for that. Whew!