Alright, I’m old and don’t go on many dates, but I would have loved this list if I was younger and single. I could just see doing #17 with someone fun ….
Unusual (and fun!) Date Ideas, from oncealways
1. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb as high as you both can in all of them, compile photo evidence
2. Go to a major chain bookstore, and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favorite books
3. Have her dress up as a ghost and you dress up as Pacman. Walk around downtown holding hands, and whenever anyone sees you two, pretend to be embarrassed, and run off screaming “wocka wocka wocka.”
4. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn’t really happen
5. Dress up as superherous and stop at least one petty crime “ie. jaywalking, littering….”
6. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
7. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their apartment upside down as you can, without them noticing.
8. Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for a weekend.
9. Write a piece of fiction together. Outside at a cafe. Ask strangers when you get stuck.
10. Dress to the nines, pretend to be married, and test drive very expensive vehicles at an auto dealership.
11. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have both secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
12. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella.
13. Drive somewhere unknown and have dinner in a city you’ve never been to. With fake names.
14. Go to a minor league baseball game under the stars. Tell each other stories about how bad you are at athletics. Randomly cheer for both teams. Eat lots of Cracker Jacks.
15. Go around the city with sidewalk chalk and draw hearts with equations inside on random things
16. Walk around a city and perform short silent plays in front of security cameras
17. With camera and pair of boots, make a photolog of a day in the life of the invisible man.
18. Walk around the city all night and find a place to eat breakfast at dawn
19. Go to a restraunt and convince the cook to create something completely new for you.
20. Rent a movie you’ve never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.
4 thoughts on “Cool Date Ideas”
Hell,I’d do # 17 now, all alone. And then post it on my blog.
perhaps we need to build a website … Day in the life of The Invisible Man
I like that option #17 appeals to you, too. I just keep thinking of all the entertaining sight gags and subtle bits of humor that we could do if we were on such a shoot.
My cousin and a friend went on a cross country trip to take an old family chair to a relative last year. On the way they did all sorts of silly things with the chair and recorded the journey in pics – my favorites were the chair visiting the Washington Monument and the Whitehouse. 🙂 They coaxed strangers into it, too, and took pictures. If you want to look, let me know and I’ll suss out the URL for the trip again.
i love this list… i may make an attempt to knock out a few of these. got just the right menfolk in my life at the moment to do so… yee-HAW!
if I ever start dating again I’m gonna refer back to this list Beth
Comments are closed.