Swallowed objects Great story in the NYTimes the other day https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/health/11swallow.html Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... Related
3 thoughts on “Swallowed objects”
True story – when I was 9 years old, I swallowed a quarter. It got stuck and I had to have it surgically removed. We were travelling at the time and so this all happened in San Francisco; which is why I never ever ever want to go back there.
Wow. Good Lord! Where did it get stuck? Mine all passed right on through, but I mostly swallowed dimes and pennies. 🙂
It got stuck right around the base of my throat, like… collarbone level. It turned sideways, and was blocking food. There was enough room for liquid to get around it, but not food – so I could drink but not eat for about two days. And it hurt every time I turned my head to the left! Lordy. I’ll never do THAT again. 😉
Comments are closed.